dendoo says: learning to love yourself
Photo by TON70
it’s been a crazy month for me and those who have followed know what i mean.
i’ve been still in a funk and haven’t really left my room since thursday (except to go out for my birthday dinner). sitting in my room has made me think about a few things and the biggest thing is loving yourself.
personally i don’t think finding love for yourself comes in one hour and i don’t think you will automatically love yourself after reading this post. you might still feel like you can’t love yourself by the end of this entry but guess what? that’s okay! i want to share some things i’m learning about loving myself.
- loving yourself isn’t easy but it’s a challenge you should really try to accept
- people can’t love you if you don’t love yourself (someone wise keeps telling me this)
- you are deserving of love and respect. really you are!
- when you look in the mirror and say “i love me” only say it if you mean it.
- you know your faults better than anyone else. if you can’t love yourself because of a fault then fix that fault.
- surround yourself with people who truly care and give you support. family and friends are delish!
- be patient and be honest with yourself and with others
- talk to yourself
- it’s starts with you. if you don’t believe in the power of love for self you will never achieve true love for self.
yep it’s tough but someone has to do it and that someone is you! but it’s a journey i’m going through and if you are out there feeling like you don’t love yourself you know you can always talk to me about what’s going on. and you know what else? dendoo says it’s going to be ok.
will you take the steps to love yourself?
what do you think the key to loving oneself is?
let me know!
much love, dendoo