Curious Tuesday: Love
Tell us about your most incredible romance.
Ugh…is it bad that I haven’t had an “incredible romance”? No it’s not, it just means that I have more life to live and more love to experience. Sorry yalls, no juicy stories here.
Have you ever been the “other woman” (or “other man”)? No. HELL TO THE NAW.
What is the craziest thing you have done in the name of love? Forgiven someone.
Is there someone who you think of as the one who got away? No.
Do you believe in true love? No.
Have you ever experienced love at first sight? No.
Lol so answering this week’s Curious Tuesday questions got me wondering: am I super unromantic or am I too realistic when it comes to love? Maybe that is why I don’t have super long or super successful relationships. My relationships are filled with love, or whatever love is at that moment, but in the end I always start feeling like I’m moving in another direction and the person isn’t moving in that direction with me. The relationship ends in a friendly vibe but when I reflect on it I always feel like I was doing love because it’s expected of me. You know? It’s expected that you will be in a relationship and be lovey dovey. Maybe that ISN’T me.
I’m starting to feel like my relationships are too childish for my liking. So am I on to dating older men? We’ll see but for now I am back to enjoying being single. I swear my dears, single is good if you give it a chance.
Do you believe in true love? Do you have crazy love stories and love connections? Do you have advice for me??
Oh! I missed the last Curious Tues. so I threw it in. My answers are much more lengthier than this week’s!
1. Would you ever get cosmetic surgery? If not, why not? If yes, what would you want done?
I think if I got surgery I would die, I have a fear of unnecessary surgery. But if I got surgery I would probably enhance my booty area…lol. Black girls know the booty is important! But on the real note I’d rather fix whatever imperfections I have without surgery.
2. What is “your drink”?
I love mojitos, I love any chocolatey drink but I don’t have a drink. I drink what is there as long as it doesn’t taste like fruit.
3. What are your five fashion essentials? My essentials aren’t crazazy cause I think essentials should be essential:
- Plain coloured tees – they go with EVERYTHING, they make your wardrobe stretch and they’re cheap!
- A bright, oversized purse – This can double as a weekender, it adds colour to your outfit, and it carries all
- Black pumps – Tyra tells all wannabe models adding a pair of basic pumps can add oomph to your outfit (so true!)
- A good (sexy) bra – ladies get fitted, stick to your size and treat yourself to a frilly cute bra. Instant sex appeal!
- Sexy pencil skirts – A pencil skirt is so basic, it’s flattering and it always makes me feel sexy. Try it!
4. Do you have any tattoos? What are they? If not, do you want some? What would you like to get?
I have a square on the inside of my wrist and I plan to get a lot more squares all over my body.
5. What is something most people don’t know about you?
I’m terrified of butterflies. TERRIFIED. Have you seen those things? They’re just disgusting.
much love, dendoo